JUPITER, Florida (October 25, 2012) – Weiss Ratings launches the Medicare Power Planner, a unique interactive tool that guides seniors through the full range of Medicare options, to help consumers select a comprehensive retirement healthcare plan.
“Seniors are faced with important healthcare decisions, but there are very few resources available for them to get unbiased information,” said Melissa Gannon, vice president of Weiss Ratings. “The Medicare Power Planner gives consumers access to all the available Medicare plan prices and makes a very confusing topic much easier to understand.”
The Medicare Power Planner’s signature feature, a proprietary Decision Tree, guides consumers through a series of straightforward selections to determine the best possible combination of Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage, supplemental plans, and prescription drug plans for their personal coverage needs.
The Planner suggests specific Medicare plans at the lowest prices offered by the strongest insurers. And because some plans with low initial rates may actually be more costly in the long run, the Planner has another distinctive capability—it considers historical price increases for Medigap policy recommendations. It also gives seniors the benefit of government quality assessments, by taking into account the federally assigned star ratings when making Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plan recommendations.
A video walk through is available for each step of the decision process, including:
- Educational guides to Medicare Supplement Insurance, Advantage Plans and Prescription Drug Coverage
- Diagram of how Medicare options fit together for comprehensive coverage
- Interactive Decision Tree that guides consumers through the process, recommending the best combination of plans for their personal needs
- Access to rates for all Medicare plans
- Weiss Financial Strength Ratings
- Free view of the high and low range for each plan type
- Personalized recommendations and 60-day online access at an affordable $99 price
- Opportunity for consumers to save hundreds of dollars annually and thousands of dollars over retirement.
To learn more about the Weiss Medicare Power Planner, visit medicare.weissratings.com/save-on-medicare.
About Weiss Ratings
Weiss Ratings, the nation’s leading independent provider of bank, credit union and insurance company financial strength ratings and sovereign debt ratings, accepts no payments for its ratings from rated institutions. It also distributes independent investment ratings on the shares of thousands of publicly traded companies, mutual funds, closed-end funds and ETFs.